- Weatherford, Texas
2012 Jun 8
James Walter, of Weatherford, Texas, has been named to the Hardin-Simmons University President's List for the spring 2012 semester.
The President's List is comprised of students carrying 12 or more semester hours who obtain a perfect GPA of 4.0.
About Hardin-Simmons University:
HSU has an enrollment of approximately 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students from 28 states and 20 countries.
HSU sits on 220 acres and has a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Eighty percent of HSU's faculty members hold the highest available degree in their fields.
Tuition rates for full-time students do not increase while they are enrolled in consecutive fall and spring semesters and make continuous, satisfactory progress toward a degree. (The tuition freeze does not apply to some programs.)
• Ranked in the Top Tier of U.S. News and World Report's Best Universities in the Western Region
• Cited by The Princeton Review as a Best in the West University
• Recognized by Colleges of Distinction for teaching, learning, and service
• Named to the 2011 Honor Roll by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a Great College to Work For
• Named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
Through seven schools and colleges, HSU offers seven undergraduate degree programs encompassing more than 70 major fields of study. Eighteen graduate programs are offered, including doctoral programs in physical therapy, ministry, functional manual therapy, and education.
Special programs include Honors, International Studies, and Leadership Studies.
Hardin-Simmons University, founded in 1891, is a private Christian institution, affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas (Texas Baptists) since 1941.